I love a Pantry edit & organise!
My client’s pantry had no food placement and storage systems. The brief from my client was for everything to have a designated space and be user friendly for the whole family.
I started working on my client’s pantry by removing all their food items, and checking that all items were still in date, and not stale.
I gave all the shelving a good clean before placing all the storage solutions in place. I’d measured the space in a previous session and sent my client a list of recommended storage solutions.
This is the fun part, grouping like-for-like products together and constantly keeping in mind how all family members can easily and safely access items within the pantry.
I used expandable shelves, with bamboo detailing, to maximise all the wonderful vertical height on the 2 lower shelves.
The doors on the small cupboard were removed, giving easier access to the pretty glass & bamboo jars, filled with pasta, rice, flour, sugar and dried fruit.
I was even able to create a designated spice section. I used a bamboo expandable shelf and filled these gorgeous spice jars (slightly bigger) and used the bespoke labels (they came with).
I then created labels using my label maker and added them to these clip-on badges for the baskets and or directly onto the storage jars, turntables and clear storage boxes. With labelling, there are bespoke options, where you can create and order your own pretty labels from third party suppliers. There are lots of options on Etsy.
Below are sources to the items I recommended to my client and we used to transform and update her pantry. I’ve also listed other tried & tested products too:
Food storage, cereals, pasta, flour etc (I always recommend square shaped containers as they’re more space saving):
- https://amzn.to/3Bp831P (I used these square glass jars for my client’s pantry to store all her pasta, rice etc)
- https://amzn.to/3HoaZQj (I used these square glass jars for my client’s pantry to store all her pasta, rice etc)
Clear storage boxes:
- https://amzn.to/3uFlkzM (I used these clear storage containers for my client’s pantry to segment and store snacks and jars of sauces etc)
Lazy Susan Turntable:
- https://amzn.to/3YdcTsM (tried & tested – this would be a great option for storing both your savoury (oils, Soya sauce, ketchup etc) and sweet condiments (syrups etc). My client ordered a number of these so I group different condiments within each turntable.
- https://amzn.to/3Bjw0aQ (or storing oils etc)
- https://amzn.to/3UFFvb7 (double height version – great for spices and holding condiments)
Wooden & metal options for dry food e.g., snacks, crisps:
- https://amzn.to/3heD3Le (My client ordered a number of these to store snacks, sweet treats, nuts, crisps etc)
Expandable shelves (for tins etc):
- https://amzn.to/3W7JTke (I used this tray to store all my client’s newly organised spices – she can easily view ands access them now)
- https://amzn.to/3Bua5h6 (I used these expandable shelves to maximise the vertical height within the pantry)
- https://amzn.to/3HwKA2A (I decanted all of my client’s spices into these pretty jars, the labels they came with are so pretty!)
My client is so pleased with the outcome! The pantry has become organised, with everything in its place!
If you need my help in editing and organising your food, kitchen and or pantry, please call me on 07533330115 or email me, Elizabeth@thelifestyleorganiser.com. I’d love to hear from you 🌸
Copyright © 2023 The Lifestyle Organiser
These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. We grant to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable licence to view these works, to copy and store these works and to print pages of these works for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not reproduce in any format any part of the works without our prior written consent. If we discover that you have breached the terms of the above licence, we may bring legal proceedings against you and seek monetary damages and/or an injunction to stop you using our materials. You could also be ordered to pay our legal costs.